Friday, December 7, 2012

12 Days Of Holiday Projects Day #8 - Homespun

day7-2


                                           

 


   Hello and welcome to Day #8 of our 12 Days Of Christmas Projects blog hop! I hope you have enjoyed what you have seen thus far, I know I had a good time making them! You should have arrived here from the blog of the talented Regina Hardy. If you are just now joining us then you will want to start HERE.

                               
                                                                   Here is my card!


day7

  To make this card I used three Papertrey Ink stamp sets "Love Lives Here: Holiday", "Stitched Sentiments" and "Stitches and Swirls". I have a "stitching" theme going on with this card! I wanted the patterned tree from LLH to look more like a stitched image so I stamped the teeny tiny cross stitch stamp from Stitched Sentiment all around the tree. It took a little extra time, but it was so easy and I love the way it turned out! I embossed a piece of Rustic Cream card stock with the PTI  "Linen/Canvas" impression plate. I am also playing along with this weeks Papertrey Ink: Make It Monday - Detail Glitter Technique. I stamped the small heart from LLH: Holiday, and used my Quickie glue pen to fill in the heart, next I sprinkled them with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Fun!   I hope you like my card and I am so glad you stopped by today! Have a wonderful weekend!

                                                                

10 comments:

TammieLien said...

Oh this is so cute and would love to get that stamp.Looks like you stitched it yourself.Thanks for sharing:)

Donna B. said...

This card is gorgeous Veronica!! I love the cross stitched look. Makes me want to cross stitch - I used to love to do that!

Rachel said...

i. love. this. it is just beautiful, totally caught my attention! youve inspired me to try something new on my stamps... thank you!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Laurie said...

Wowzers! Gorgeous, my friend!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is stunning... I love everything about it...

~amy~ said...

sooooooooo SWEET!

Sanketi said...

Gorgeous!..you make want that stamp set now!

nancy said...

This is a charming card. All of the details you incorporated, including the images from Stitches and Swirls on the base, add so much to the card.

LEG Studios said...

Great crafty-feeling card! You definitely captured the hand-stitched look!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Loving all your PTI goodies.