Friday, January 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink January Blog Hop - Stitches


Blog-hop-logo

Hello! I am happy to be playing along with this months Papertrey Ink Blog Hop! I was intrigued by the inspiration picture as soon as I saw it, and I knew I wanted to play along! Check it out:

January-Blog-Hop-Inspiration

Here is my card!



  I know there is a lot going on, but the look I was going for was vintage embroidery, which I LOVE. I started out by using "Stitches And Swirls" embossed in white. Next I gathered up several of my Fresh, and A Muse Studio pigment ink pads, 3 of each shade actually. Using a blender pen, and ink pad I began to color my flowers and leaves. This process took several coats of ink. I found it best to wait for the layer to dry a bit before adding the next shade. But, finally I felt I added enough color, and I added a black thread stitched border around my card. I added a sentiment from "Purls of Wisdom" that I double stamped on a Photo Finishers label.  I hope you like it!  I am entering this in the Moxie Fab World 75 Creative Card Challenge- Stamp your Own Background Paper Challenge!  Thank you for stopping by!

                                                                                 

16 comments:

Marcie Rhys said...

Aren't you pleased you stuck with it until the inks began to look good? I'll need to add this technique (Did you make it up?) to several other ones that are new to me today. I love your choice of colors and the wonderful composition; it really looks like a great fabric print.

Thank you for sharing and describing your process. Enjoy your hop today!

Elena said...

Oh wow, that background is fantastic!

Wida said...

hello gorgeousness. pinning this immediately. it does look like fabric! I need this stamp set! my PTI list is so long.

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness this is a labour of love and it is just gorgeous!

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful, Veronica! Your stamped/coloured background is amazing!

Joyce said...

Just beautiful. Your coloring is amazing, and the Stitches and Swirls with that embossing looks like a piece of hand embroidery.

Lin said...

Gorgeous! The black really pops the colors! Beautifully done, Veronica!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a piece of gorgeous fabric! Stunning!

Rhonda said...

Really like this one. The stitching is the perfect finishing touch.

Annheidel said...

Oh my goodness, gorgeous card!

Rose A said...

It totally looks like a piece of vintage embroidery! It's beautiful, lOoks like a lot of work but so worth it!

Jacquie Southas said...

this is gorgeous and DOES look like vintage embroidery - beautiful!

~amy~ said...

wowza!!!!!!!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Uh, WOW! I wanted to figure out a way to do something like this, and just never had luck with it - but yours is SO stunning. Worth all the work, that's for sure. Beautiful!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

Gorgeous card...

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Veronica! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)