Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Contenders Blog Hop - The Sun Always Comes Out




Hello! Today I am playing along with The Contenders Blog  Hop hosted by the wonderful Annette Witherspoon.  Like everyone in this world of paper crafting that has submitted to magazines, sometimes you get cards picked up, and sometimes you don't.  Sadly this past call was a big fat goose egg "0" for me. Although I was fortunate to be one of 6 finalists picked by Paper Crafts Magazine for the Readers Choice so that did help with the sting a little bit. ;)  I am here to show you a card that I submitted that was not picked up. I loved this card, and that is what it is all about anyway...being happy, and creating. Here it is:



I used lots of Papertrey Ink goodness in the making of this card.  And the sentiment holds true, The Sun ALWAYS comes out again!
Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you have a wonderful, and crafty weekend!



                                                                                        

12 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely LOVE this, Ronnie! It's so gorgeous and happy...I am stumped as to why it was not picked! It's a perfect card in my book! Thanks for sharing!

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful card. love the soft colors and not only the placement of the rays but the butterflies as well.

Houses Built of Cards said...

OH my goodness - I can't believe this one wasn't picked up! It is completely GORGEOUS!!!!! LOVE it!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Lalo said...

SUPER lovely!!! I love the color ... the sentiment ... everything!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is cray cray GORGEOUS!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So soft and pretty, love the design!

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

Oh, wow, Veronica. This is soooo pretty! I love the soft colors you used and I'm always a sucker for sunrays. Thanks for linking up your "Contender!" Oh, and congrats on getting one selected for Readers Choice.

Jingle said...

Veronica, this is beautiful! I really love the soft tones you used!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is so pretty...it totally should have been picked...love the design..

Katie Gehring said...

This is so beautiful, Veronica! I love how you combined the rays with the butterflies, so clever!

Glenda J said...

So pretty! Love the 'rays' and the stitching. Great work.

Julie said...

Oh, this card is lovely! I love the mix of patterns and the stamped butterflies!