Friday, May 9, 2014

Is This The Year?

Galleryidol2
 
Hello and Happy Friday! Today I have a special card to share you, a card I created for my first entry into this years Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Gallery Idol contest! I have never made it to the top 20, so maybe this is my lucky year! The challenge for the first round of Gallery Idol is "washi tape". I knew there would be plenty of entries using it in the traditional fashion, but to win a post into the top 20 you HAVE to think out of the box. This is what I came up! First, using four colors of Doodlebug Designs washi tape I adhered several strips to a thin piece of card stock. Next using the Papertrey Ink Phrase Play #3 die I die-cut my card stock. Using the same die I die-cut a white piece of card stock and carefully glued it behind my washi-cut frame. To make sure the "hello" and the arrow didn't fall out I taped the back to keep the secure.
I stamped the sentiment using the companion stamp set. I really love the way my card turned out, and I hope Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking magazine does to! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!! I have been trying since it started in 2005....or something like that with NO LUCK.....lol!!! I am thinking about it..but I just LURVE your card!! :)

Happy Dance said...

This one has all the earmarks of a winner. Fresh, bright, unique design, yep you've got it all going on with this card. Really wonderful card!! Bev